Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taylor the Triumphant

TAYLOR HICKS (photo courtesy of Reuters)

So, Taylor Hicks is this year’s American Idol. Okay, good for him, and the best of luck. Really. Much as he should profusely thank his devoted Soul Patrol, I guess he should also thank those responsible for penning Katharine McPhee’s uber-horrible “My Destiny.” That miserable excuse for a song doomed her chances. And considering the staggering wealth of singing talent this year (including the best Top Five ever), why do I feel the entire finale paled in comparison to last year's?

To mark the end of this year’s American Idol, below are my favorite AI: Season 5 performances:

"Fever" by Paris Bennett (Barry Manilow week)
"I Walk the Line" by Chris Daughtry (Barry Manilow week)
"I’m Changing" by Lisa Tucker (1st semifinals week)
"Moody’s Mood for Love" by Elliott Yamin (2nd semifinals week)
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Katharine McPhee (Top Three week)
"Think" by Katharine McPhee (3rd semifinals week)
"Trouble" by Elliott Yamin (Elvis Presley week)
"You Send Me" by Taylor Hicks (Rod Stewart week)

Which ones are your favorites? Ü