Friday, May 12, 2006

Rocker Shocker

Yesterday, Janet texted me the following message while I was in the Shangri-La mall: Did you watch AI? I'm in shock. =(

Intrigued, my mind started working. It couldn't be Taylor, or else she wouldn't have been shocked. It also couldn't be Elliott, because it wouldn't be a shock if he was eliminated; he had been in the bottom two/three several times already. Plus, he worked his butt off last Wednesday, and it showed in his twin performances. And our personal favorite, Katharine had the great advantage of being the last to perform, despite having performed terribly.

When I watched the replay of AI on Star World, my hunch that Chris would be eliminated proved to be correct. Still, it's a major jolt on the system. Many people were expecting him and Katharine to duke it out in the finale, just like what Ryan had said before making the fateful annoucement. But it was not meant to be. That hurts, big-time. I really like the guy; so did many others.

Right now, I'm hoping that this season's best male and female vocalist would face each other off two weeks from now. But why do I get the feeling that Taylor will triumph in the end? He has a voice perfect for Adult Alternative music, but his performing prowess, though entertaining at first, has become schtick. I can imagine the possibility of him winning giving Simon a migraine.

Much as I'm shocked about Chris being eliminated, I'll be more shocked if he doesn't turn his AI experience into a fruitful career. Even now, there's buzz growing that a major band will formally offer him to be its frontman. Perhaps his being booted off is a blessing, after all.