Sunday, October 30, 2005

Took a Trip to Tagaytay Today

Taking advantage of the long weekend, my parents and I decided to take a trip to Tagaytay early today. It's been awhile since we have been there and I, sensing a blog-writing opportunity, decided to bring our digital camera when we left Manila at around 6 a.m. Below are a few of the pictures I took:


MING'S GARDEN. Located almost at the Silang-Tagaytay border, this charming café-cum-flower farm is owned by former First Lady Ming Ramos. Much as I was struck by the place's cleanliness and simplicity, I was even more so with the food they served us when we had our breakfast there. Yum!


HOLY SPIRIT MISSION SERVICE CENTER. Whenever we visit Tagaytay, my Mom never fails to pay this place a visit. Her eldest sister belongs to the Holy Spirit congregation and, for lack of a better description, holds some influence among the nuns. The photo above shows the main altar of the center's brand-new chapel, designed by my maternal cousin. Notice that the white marble cross, the one flanked by two fountains, is actually outside the chapel. Ang ganda, ano?


CALERUEGA. Located inside the Evercrest Club and Resort in nearby Nasugbu, Batangas, this place is quite popular for retreats and weddings. It's as clean and as well-maintained as the first time I visited the place three years ago. Notice the unmistakable Spanish influence in the facade.


TRANSFIGURATION CHAPEL. This simple yet tasteful chapel, located inside Caleruega, is not only popular for weddings. It's also been featured in a few TV commercials, most notably Globe. The place--and Caleruega as a whole--has somehow become a tourist attraction, hence the people in the photo.