Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Beg Your Pardon?!

Pissed. That's the first thing I felt when I heard that GMA had pardoned Erap today. PISSED.

If she hopes that granting him executive clemency would benefit her somehow, would help move the nation forward (To where? Oblivion?), she's so mistaken. EDSA Dos, Erap's arrest, EDSA Tres, the long-winded trial--all gone to waste. Why bother, after all? Putangina.

Oh I do hope she's prepared to face the consequences, if only for her sake. Whatever they will be, she will not have my sympathy (and truth to tell, she has lost it a loooooong time ago). Unlike Gerald Ford (who pardoned Nixon for his role in the Watergate scandal, resulting in the loss of his re-election bid), history will not look at her so favorably, especially for what she did today.

The way I'm feeling right now, I'm almost tempted to do a Howard Beale (True cinephiles know what I'm taking about). Almost.

Labels: ,